OUR REFERENCE: JS35
JOB TITLE: Events Manager
SALARY: c. £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Our client, based in York, is looking to recruit an experienced Events Manager to join their team, on a permanent, full time basis.
This role is a brand new role, created due to the exceptional growth of this organisation - it is truly an exciting time to join this business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- To manage the events programme in liaison with the Head of Networks, Events and Business Development and managers
- To help meet the events sales targets for the year
- To ensure the smooth running of all events from conception to completion
- To ensure that a high level of standard is set and delivered against throughout the whole process which results in an excellent customer experience
- To assist with growing and developing the events part of the business
In this role, you will ensure events are managed efficiently from start to finish through close liaison with managers and the delivery team.
You will oversee the delivery team's coordination of events, including:
The booking process
- Ensuring bookings are being handled promptly and accurately
- Ensure invoicing is up to date
- Ensure joining instructions are being send to delegates on time
Liaising with speakers
- Speakers brief sent out on time
- Regular liaison to ensure materials received on time - slides, biographies, handouts
- Joining instructions sent on time
- Thank you letters and feedback
- Event loaded on website and details kept up to up to date
- Event details put on booking database and kept up to date
- Venues sourced and booked
- Delegate packs complied and sent to graphic designer
- Slides are compiled and sent to delegates before event
- Packing up done in a timely and accurate way
- Marketing materials agreed for each event
- Feedback analysis circulated
Managing the events process including
- Event email and electronic folders kept up to date
- Agree personnel to manage each event on site
- Attend events where necessary
- Ensure continued training of events team - in the office and at events
- Proof delegate packs before printing
- Ensure venue database is kept up to date
- Ensure speaker database is kept up to date
- Overseeing and signing off venue contracts
- Source suitable venues and build up relationships where possible
- Create weekly marketing schedule for events
- Ensure internal events plan is maintained
- Monitor the events process and review and amend where necessary
If you would like to apply or find out more about this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 1 week, please assume you have not been short listed.
Opus Recruitment Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and this is available upon request.
Opus Recruitment Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and as an Employment Business for temporary assignments - Company Registration Number 11240919.