OUR REFERENCE: JS38
JOB TITLE: Team Leader
SALARY: c. £21,000 - £24,000 per annum
Our client, based in the centre of York, is looking for an experienced Team Leader to join their team.
This is an exciting time to be joining our client as they are experiencing growth and adding to their team.
The main purpose of the role is to lead, manage and develop the team and prioritise their workload to ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
You will be responsible for:
Setting and reinforcing high levels of customer care across all company communications;
Ensuring the team workload is covered at all times and liaise with management to ensure the target workload is manageable within the team;
Dealing with and escalating complaints in line with the company escalation procedure.
Inboxes and tasking work:
- Monitor emails into all shared inboxes and make sure they are dealt with by the relevant team member
- Ensure that each team member covers their network and responds to queries and updates within the guidelines provided
- Ensure that work is tasked to the appropriate person, and ensure that the work is evenly distributed within the team
- Cover or arrange suitable cover when team members are off to ensure work is completed
- Ensure that Network Managers/Senior Management Team/Training and consultancy are supported where possible and ensure that workload is evenly distributed
- Monitor and assist with the telemarketing calls to ensure they are completed within the timescales provided and followed up where necessary
- Check procedures are in place and adhered to
Line manage the Network and Events Team, including:
- Managing leave
- Ensuring that individual team members are supported and developed
- One to ones
- Prioritisation of work within the team
- To provide assistance with tasks within the team to ensure work is completed correctly
- To ensure that the company procedures and any changes are communicated to everyone involved
- To answer questions about day to day issues within the team
- Analysing statistics or other data to determine the level of customer contact and the quality of service provided by the team
- Liaising with managers to identify improvements to customer service
- Ensuring best use is made of best practice in customer care
- To ensure that all work in relation to reports, slide sets and all documentation is completed to the deadline set and to the highest possible standards
- To highlight areas of training required within the formatting process to ensure all areas are covered and company house style is adhered to
- To ensure that briefings, updates, newsletters and mailings are published according to the timescales set by managers
- Responsible for quality control
- To be responsive to requests from managers, ensuring that the websites are kept up to date
- Previous experience in a team leader/supervisor role with direct responsibility for people management
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and identify priorities for other people
- Track record of setting up and developing administrative systems/records
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the principles of customer care – for both internal and external customers
- Ability to identify improvements and implement them
- Ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, databases, CRM and the internet
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 1 week, please assume you have not been short listed.
Opus Recruitment Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and this is available upon request.
Opus Recruitment Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and as an Employment Business for temporary assignments - Company Registration Number 11240919.